It has been quite some time to Windows Live Messenger 2009 final release but the bugs of WLM 2009 seems to be started creeping in to users machine. Lately users have started reporting issue while connecting webcam.
After upgrading to latest Windows Live Messenger 2009 users have started facing audio and video problem while initiating webcam and video conferencing features and occasionally Windows live messenger throws error codes 0x8AC70013 and 0x8AC70202.
However this time it’s not Windows Live Messenger bug but its MacAfee Advisor. MacAfee has confirmed that there is some Incompatibility between the McAfee antivirus and WLM 9 causes an error 0x8AC7020 or 0x8AC70013 and McAfee is working on a patch to fix this, till that time you can follow below steps as workaround to fix this issue.
Fix Windows Live Messenger Audio/Video & Webcam Related issue
1. Navigate to the following folder:
Windows XP/2000/Vista (32-bit): C:\Program Files\McAfee\SiteAdvisor
Windows Vista (64-bit): C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\SiteAdvisor
2. Right-click on the file sasets.ini and choose Open With, then select Notepad.
3. Locate the section titled [msnmsgr.exe].
4. Change Enabled=1 to Enabled=0.
5. Click File and select Save.
6. Close sasets.ini and restart your computer for changes to take effect.
The above steps will configure SiteAdvisor to stop monitoring windows live messenger.