Using Adobe products and seeing the irritating pop-up flashing on your screen can distract your productivity. Even customers who have purchased legitimate adobe items are seeing this flashing message on their screens now and then.
You can always click on the ‘Remind Me Later button. However, that does not end the ‘adobe genuine software integrity service’ problem. There exist several ways of disabling Adobe’s genuine software integrity service. And don’t worry, we will present you with solutions for both Windows and Mac.
So without further blabbering, let’s dive headfirst into knowing how to disable the Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service. But first, let’s learn about Adobe’s genuine software integrity service.
Table of Contents
Why Does Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service Appear?
‘The Adobe software you’re using is not genuine message can simply ruin your mood and workflow instantly. But do you know what this means?
Adobe uses various complex programs to know the authenticity of its products. However, if you continue getting the message, it just reflects a glitch in the massive Adobe program.
There must be some unwanted glitch in the array of technologies. And that minor malfunction sends signals to Adobe about the product’s legitimacy. That’s why some users experience the annoying ‘adobe genuine software integrity service’ pop-up.
Is it Safe To Disable Adobe’s Genuine Software Integrity Service?
Adobe uses Adobe Genuine Service (AGS) to periodically checks whether the Adobe software running on your machine is genuine or not. It is only a service that lets you know about the legitimacy of the Adobe product. It does not protect your PC in any other way. So, disabling it will not make any unsafe changes in your system.
Technique to Disable Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service on Windows
Method 1: Using Task Manager
- Type simply ‘Task Manager’ in the search box and open it.
- Then click on the ‘Processes’ tab.
- You must find the ‘Adobe genuine software integrity service’ under executable. exe application. Right-click on it.
- Then click on ‘open file location.’ You will find it in the context menu. It will open a folder named AdobeGCIClient.
- Now reopen Task Manager leaving the folder open. You must right-click the ‘Adobe genuine software integrity service’ option on task manager and select End Task.
- Lastly, delete the AdobeGCIClient folder.
Method 2: Using Services
- Open the windows search bar and type out ‘services’.
- You will notice a window showing several services. However, you need to click on the ‘Standard’ tab. You will find it at the bottom of the screen.
- From the alphabetical list of services, find out “adobe genuine software integrity service” and right-click on it.
- When the context menu opens, select ‘properties.’
- Now from the new pop-up menu, find the General Section under which you must find the Startup Type field. Under this list, find and press Disable.
- Lastly, select Apply and then click on Ok. And restart your system.
Method 3: Using the Control Panel
- Open the Control Panel of your Windows system.
- Then go to Programs and then Programs and Features.
- You will find Adobe Genuine service there. Right-click on it and uninstall it.
Method 4: Using Command Prompt
- Go to Run and select it as administrator. Then type out ‘cmd.’
- When the command prompt opens, immediately type ‘sc delete AGSService’ and click on Enter.
- Then you go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AdobeGCClient to erase the AdobeGCClient folder.
How to Disable Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service on Mac
Method 1: Using the Finder App
- Open the Finder App.
- When the navigation bar on top opens, a Go option will be visible.
- Press the Go To Folder option.
- Then go to Application, then Support. Then you will find Adobe; you need to go to the AdobeGCCClient folder.
- After finding the AdobeGCCClient folder, delete it. And don’t forget to erase that folder from the trash.
Method 2: Using Application Folder
- Open the Application Folder.
- Then you need to go to the Utilities.
- Then go to Adobe Genuine Service to find out AdobeCleanUpUtility.
- Now, double-click on AdobeCleanUpUtility and select uninstall.
- Then press on OK.
Method 3: Using the Activity Monitor
- First, expand the menu named Go.
- Then click on Utilities to select it.
- Then find out the Activity Monitor and double-click on that.
- When the activity monitor app opens, find out about unfamiliar entries. You should concentrate on alien resource-intensive entries. When you successfully find it, select it and then click on Stop. It is at the top-left corner of the screen.
- A dialogue box will open to check whether you are sure-stopping the program. If you are sure, tap on Force Quit.
- Now go to the Go menu and then select Go To Folder.
- A search bar will open. Type out /Library/LaunchAgents and select Go.
- Now you must examine all the contents and look for any suspicious items. If you see any files that don’t belong, drag them to the trash.
- Now select the Go menu from Mac’s finder and then press on Applications.
- Find the alien app there and drag it to the trash.
- Now you must expand the Apple menu and go to system preferences.
- Then go to Users and Groups and press on login tabs.
- This way, the system will show you recently launched products. Now you must locate your unwanted app and select the minus button.
- Lastly, click on Profiles which you will find under system preferences. If your PC had any malware, it would be gone by now.