Is your Logitech G933 flashing red? Well, you are not the only one who has faced a similar issue. In this article, you’ll find solutions to fix the Logitech G933 flashing red issue. Logitech produces some of the world’s best gaming peripherals. The G933 headset has an ergonomic design that enables a player to use the headset during a long gaming run comfortably.
The G933 headset weighs around 1.8 pounds. The headset supports wired and wireless connectivity. Thus, you can connect the headphones to a wide range of devices. Oh, and have you seen a gaming headphone without RGB? The G933 has adjustable lighting up to 16.8 million colors.
Overall, Logitech G933 is a well-designed headset available at an affordable price. However, many users have complained about the flashing red light issue on the G933. While playing games or multimedia, the headset suddenly starts flashing red light. If you are experiencing the same problem, fret not! In this article, you will find practical solutions to fix the issue.
Why is Logitech G933 Headset Flashing Red?
Before we move on to the solutions, let us take a quick look at what might be the causes of this issue.
A variety of reasons can lead to the Logitech G933 flashing red issue. Some of the most common reasons are:
- Headset Settings Misconfiguration: The headset might not function properly due to incorrect or misconfigured settings.
- Dead Battery: A dead battery on the Logitech G933 will give rise to the flashing red issue. It’s a warning sign that indicates the remaining short lifespan of the battery.
- Missing Audio Driver: A missing or outdated audio driver in your computer can cause the G933 headset to malfunction.
Fix Logitech G933 Flashing Red Issue
The Logitech G933 flashing red light issue is extremely annoying to encounter. This issue is only prominent in the Logitech G933 headset. You can find a list of solutions given below to eliminate the flashing red issue. Go through the solutions one by one until the issue has been fixed.
#1. Hard Reset Logitech G933 Headset
The flashing red issue on the Logitech G933 headset results from faulty settings or a glitch in the devices’ software. You can perform a hard reset to fix this issue.
Here’s how you can do just that:
- Unplug and disconnect your G933 headset.
- Remove the side cover of the headset.
- You will notice a small reset button inside the headset.
- Use a small needle to press the hard reset button for at least 3-5 seconds.
- Snap the side cover back onto your headset.
And that’s it! You have successfully performed a hard reset of your G933 headphones in a few simple steps. Try connecting the headphones to your computer and verify whether the issue has been fixed.
#2. Update Audio Driver
One of the most common causes for the Logitech G933 flashing red issue is a missing or outdated audio driver. External computer peripherals require driver software to function seamlessly. If you are running an outdated audio driver, you’ll keep encountering the flashing red issue.
Here’s a simple guide to update the audio drivers on your computer:
- Right-click on the Start Menu icon.
- Select Device Manager from the pop-up menu.
- In the Device Manager window, locate your audio driver.
- Right-click on the audio driver and click on Update driver.
- A new window will pop up. Select the Search automatically for drivers option if you don’t want to go through the hassle of manually installing a driver.
- Select the Browse my computer for drivers option if you have already downloaded the latest driver version on your computer.
Alternatively, you can use driver updater software to automatically install new driver updates as soon as they are released. After successfully updating your audio driver, verify if the flashing red issue has been resolved.
#3. Charge Logitech G933 Battery
A low battery on the Logitech G933 headphone can lead to the flashing red issue. When you encounter the flashing red light issue, immediately check the battery status of your headset. There’s a good chance that your headset is running low on battery. The flashing red indicates that your headset will soon run out of charge.
The easiest way to get rid of the flashing red light is to recharge your headset’s battery. After a full charge, you’ll notice that the flashing red light has automatically disappeared.
#4. Replace Logitech G933 Headset Battery
Are you still experiencing the flashing red issue even after a full charge? The culprit might very well be the batteries of your headset. The G933 comes with rechargeable batteries. However, after extensive use, the battery capacity significantly decreases over time. A decrease in battery capacity means that you won’t get the best standby time from your headset.
Replace your headset batteries as soon as possible to get rid of the flashing red issue on your headphones. We would highly recommend you to visit a certified service center to get your headphone batteries replaced.
The flashing red issue on Logitech G933 isn’t annoying per se, but it is extremely distracting. The G933 headphones are made for gamers who want an immersive gaming experience. However, the flashing red issue makes it quite hard to focus on playing and enjoying the game. We hope that after going through our list of solutions, you are now able to get rid of the Logitech G933 flashing red issue once and for all.