Fallout is series is one of the most popular game series among PC gamers. There are several Fallout titles developed by Bethesda studios till now. While all of them are equally good, Fallout New Vegas is one of the most popular games among Fallout fans. Even though the Fallout New Vegas is itself a very fun game, you can use console commands to make it even better. Since Fallout New Vegas has several supported commands, there are a lot of things which you can change using the console in this game.
Therefore, today we are here with the some of the best Fallout New Vegas Console Commands for PC. Not only that but you will even learn about the command console, how to open it, and most importantly how to use commands in the console in Fallout New Vegas. Finally, you will find all kinds of console commands in this article along with their description which you can use to make your gaming experience much better while playing Fallout New Vegas.
What are Fallout New Vegas Console Commands?
Many PC games including the Fallout New Vegas has an inbuilt console for commands. This console allows the user to enter commands which can change different aspects of the game. Such commands can be useful as well as fun to use. Not only you can change the settings and properties of the game, but you can even give items to your players. Apart from that, you can modify other aspects of the game like level settings, NPC behavior, environment settings, and much more. In other words, you can use the console commands to change almost anything in a PC game including Fallout New Vegas.
But the part about Console Commands is that they are predefined which means that you can use the same command again and again and it will always work. Not only that but using the Console in Fallout New Vegas is extremely easy and straight forward as you will learn in this article later on. The console of some games including Fallout New Vegas can even show you the hidden statistics of the game which are highly appreciated by professional gamers. For example, you can use it to see things like hit markers, enemy HP, ping, shot distance, and other things which are not directly visible in a game like Fallout New Vegas.
Checkout how to fix Fallout 4 Crashing on Startup.
How to Open Console in Fallout New Vegas to use Commands?
The command console in Fallout New Vegas is only useful to the user if it is easily accessible. And thankfully, it is quite easy to do so in all PC games which also includes all the Fallout titles. But even if you know all the useful commands of a game, they are not useful unless you know how to use them. Fortunately, Fallout New Vegas allows its users to easily use all commands in its console. Therefore, if you also wish to successfully use console commands in Fallout New Vegas via its console, then you can follow the given steps one by one:
- First, launch the Fallout New Vegas game on your PC and load your save game.
- After that, make sure that the game is unpaused and you are not in any kind of menu.
- Now, press the ‘`’ key on your keyboard which is situated right above the Tab
- Doing so will open the console in Fallout New Vegas unless you have changed the default key binds.
- Once the console is open, you can then type your desired command and press enter on your keyboard to execute it. For example, if you want to enable God Mode in Fallout New Vegas, simply type TGM in the console and press enter on your keyboard which will run this command and enable God Mode in your game.
Best Fallout New Vegas Console Commands for PC
As Fallout New Vegas is developed by Bethesda Studios, there are a lot of things in this game which can be tweaked. This means that there are hundreds of commands available for this game which you can use in its console to tweak your game. Unfortunately, not all of these commands are useful or fun to execute and many of them are useless.
Therefore, today we are here with the Best Fallout New Vegas Console Commands for PC. We have categorized all these commands into different sections so that you can easily find the correct commands according to your needs. Not only that but you will also find the description of each command which explains the functioning of each command present in this article. So, if you play Fallout New Vegas on your PC, make sure to go through the following commands one by one:
1. Most Used Fallout New Vegas Console Commands
If you are new to using commands in Fallout New Vegas, then you should definitely try the following commands. These are some of the most used commands by Fallout gamers as they can be highly helpful while playing this game. By using these commands, you will get a great idea of the things console commands can do.
- tgm – This command will enable God Mode in Fallout New Vegas which will give you infinite health, unlimited ammo, and unlimited encumbrance.
- tdm – The TDM command is quite similar to God Mode as it gives you infinite health and encumbrance, but ammo will stay finite for natural combats.
- tcl – A command like TCL is usually known as No clip in other PC games. It essentially allows you to fly around the map like a ghost with the ability to fly as well as go through walls.
- set timescale to <#> – You can use this command to either speed up or slow down the time in Fallout New Vegas. In order to use this command, simply replace # with any number of your choice.
- killall – As the name of this command suggests, running this command in Fallout New Vegas will kill all the NPCs and animals around you.
2. Giving Items to your Player in Fallout New Vegas
One of the biggest reason for using console commands in any game is having the ability to give items to your player. With the help of these commands, you easily give any items like ammo, guns, armors, and other in-game items to your character. Not only that but you can even select the number of items you would like to spawn at a time. You have to simply use the specific code for that item along with the console command to give any item as shown in the following commands.
- showinventory – By entering this command in the console, you can get the item codes of all the items in Fallout New Vegas. This command is very useful as you need to have the item code before you can give it to yourself.
- additem <base_id><amount> – This command will give you the desired item in Fallout New Vegas in the specified amount. You have to simply replace the base_id with the specific item code and replace the amount with the quantity of that item you wish to get.
- removeitem <base_id><amount> – This command will remove the desired item in Fallout New Vegas in the specified amount. You have to simply replace the base_id with the specific item code and replace the amount with the quantity of that item you wish to remove.
- Common Item Codes: While you can use the showinventory command to get item codes, here are some of the most common item codes for Fallout New Vegas:
- Lucky revolver 000e2c86
- Mysterious Magnum 00127c6c
- Li’l Devil pistol xx000805
- Anti-materiel Rifle 0008f21c
- Assault Carbine (GRA) 0008f21e
- Christine’s CoS silencer rifle xx0112ba
- Silenced .22 SMG 0008f218
- Sturdy Caravan Shotgun 001735e3
- Minigun 0000433f
- Alien blaster 00004322
- Euclid’s C-Finder 0014eb3c
- Pew Pew laser rifle 00103b1d
- Flamer 0000432d
- Plasma caster 000906cf
- Tesla cannon 000e2bec
- Fat Man 0000432c
- Mercy 0015fff4
- Missile launcher 00004340
- Chainsaw 0015fe44
- Power Fist 00004347
- Brotherhood T-45b power armor 00075201
- T45d power armor 00014e13
- Combat armor reinforced 00126500
- NCR Ranger combat armor 00129254
- Stealth Suit Mk II xx00c12f
- Advanced Radiation suit 0003307a
3. Modify NPCs in Fallout New Vegas
The following commands allow you to modify the NPCs in Fallout New Vegas. You can change the different properties of all the NPCs present around using these console commands:
- resurrect – It allows you to bring back an NPC back to life. This is useful when you have killed someone on accident.
- tdetect – You can use this command to toggle NPC player detection in Fallout New Vegas.
- tcai – If you run this command, NPCs will stop fighting you.
4. Modify your Player Character in Fallout New Vegas
Just like the previous commands, these ones allow you to change the properties of your player model in Fallout New Vegas:
- setscale # – This command can change the size of your character if you replace # with any number of your choice.
- sexchange – It will change the sex of your Fallout New Vegas character.
- setlevel # – You can use this command to change your in-game level by replacing # with the number of your choice.
1 thought on “Fallout New Vegas Console Commands List”