User account control (UAC) a new feature which was introduced in Microsoft windows vista has become more annoying feature. UAC in windows vista is way to protected windows operating system by preventing unauthorized changes to your system. However UAC in Windows 7 is less annoying and more friendlier now.
Windows 7 UAC has option to set level of alerts and notification hence virtually no setting to turnoff or disable UAC in windows 7.well actually the steps for disabling UAC in windows 7 is more or less similar to windows vista.
Thanks to My Digital Life, which has listed four ways to turnoff and disable UAC in windows 7. We are listing two methods from that list which are easier to follow.
Method 1: Disable and Turnoff UAC in Windows 7 from Control Panel
1. Access User Control Panel from Start Menu -> Control Panel -> User Accounts and Family Safety -> User Account
2. Click on
User Account Control settings link.
3. Move the Slider to Never Notify
4. Click OK to make the change effective
Method 2: Disable UAC with Registry Editor (Regedit) in Windows 7
1. Run Registry Editor (RegEdit) by typing regedit at command prompt or at startmenu->run
2. Locate following registry key:
3. Locate the following REG_DWORD value:
4. Set the value of EnableLUA to 0.
Optional step to suppress UAC permission prompt dialog,
1. Locate the following REG_DWORD value:
2. Set the value of ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin to 0 (optional).
Now Exit from Registry Editor and Restart the computer.