Windows 7 Themes and wallpapers are amazing as compared to Windows vista. Microsoft windows 7 has default 5 theme but Windows 7 beta 1 build 7000 onwards has several hidden & locked themes provided for regional countries such as Australia, Canada, Great Britain, United States and South Africa.
Since these hidden themes are installed along with your Windows 7 installation you can unlock/unhide these hidden Windows 7 Themes for regional contries. Below are three deferent methods to get Windows 7 hidden themes.
Screenshot of Default Windows 7 Themes
Method 1: Steps to Unlock & Unhide Windows 7 hidden locked Themes
1. Unhide the Windows 7 System and Protected Operating System files from Windows explorer -> Organize -> Folder and Search Options -> view tab
2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Globalization\MCT.
3. Open a MCT-(AU, CA, GB, US, or ZA) folder for the regional theme that you want.
NOTE: AU, CA and ZA regions all have the same themes though.
4. Open the Theme folder in the selected region folder.
5. Select the .theme file to use it.
NOTE: Once you select a .theme file, Windows 7 will save it so that you will be able to change or select this theme again from within the normal Personalization window location.
6. Hide the Windows 7 System and Protected Operating System files.
7. Enjoy your new regional themes!!
Method 2: Using windows 7 Search (Simplest Method)
1. Go to \Windows\winsxs Directory
2. Search for *.theme.
3. Double click themes with name in the format of XX to apply and save the theme.
Method 3: Registry Entry
1. Open notepad and copy past the following lines
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\InstalledThemes\MCT] “%windir%\\Globalization\\MCT\\MCT-AU\\Theme\\AU.theme”=””
“%windir%\\Globalization\\MCT\\MCT-ZA\\Theme\\ZA.theme”=”” [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Wallpapers\KnownFolders\Windows Wallpapers\MergeFolders] “%windir%\\Globalization\\MCT\\MCT-AU\\Wallpaper”=””
2. Save file as allregional.reg on desktop.
3. Double click on allregional.reg to add above registry entry.
4. Now you can access all Windows 7 Hidden & Locked Themes via right clicking on desktop and personalize settings.
We have created allregional.reg file for you, Download allregional.reg and run it on your machine and access hidden Windows 7 Themes instantly.
Screenshot of Unlocked – Unhide Windows 7 Hidden Themes
source:My Digital Life