Microsoft lab is always busy in developing applications, utility which will be helpful to developer in increasing productivity for faster application development. I have seen that most of Microsoft Developer tools are designed keeping in mind that it will be easy, faster to develop application and less coding required.
Today Microsoft launched another tool for web developers on the similar line, Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition which is a fun, easy to use, easy to learn tool for building dynamic Web applications.
You may feel Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 Express (VWD) is in direct competition of Adobe Dreamweaver, But Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 differs a lot from Dreamweaver.
Features of Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition
1. Streamlined development environment.
2. Provides everything you need to begin building Web applications out of the box.
3. Create great looking Web applications using an intuitive, WYSIWYG, drag-and-drop user interface designer.
4. Reduce development time with 60 new reusable controls and hundreds of reusable code
5. Use Master Pages to manage a consistent site layout in one place.
6. Let IntelliSense give you fast access to methods and libraries for use within your applications.
7. Common Tasks and Smart Tags place commonly accessed Web building functionality one click away.
8. Build your first dynamic, data-driven Web site.
9. Design your databases and queries visually using a drag-and-drop data designer.
10 Use time-saving Wizards to easily connect to your data.
11. Connect user interfaces to data using “drag and drop” instead of having to write code.
12. Find great hosting offers for applications you build using Visual Web Developer Express.
13. Use built-in copy-Web functionality to get your Web site live in minutes over FTP.
Screenshots of Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition
Download Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition.