VLC Media player is the first choice for users when it comes to playing variety of media files on PC, Mac or Linux. Back in October VLC Media Player was made available to iPhone & iPad, at that time many speculated that Apple may remove it soon. However that didn’t happen until today & now VLC has been removed from Apple iPhone App store.
Call yourself lucky if you have downloaded VLC for iPhone before it was remove, but there is no need to disappoint if you missed downloading as VLC for iPhone is now available on Cydia. Ryan Petrich is hosting the app on his beta repo in Cydia. Here is guide on how to download & install VLC for iPhone from Cydia.
How to download & install VLC for iPhone from Cydia
1. Open Cydia
2. Tap the Manage tab & then Tap on Sources
3. Now Tap the Edit button & click on Add
4. Type the following repo url http://rpetri.ch/repo & tap on Add sources
5. Once Cydia completes adding new repo, go to search option & search for
“VLC Media Player”.
6. And tap on VLC Media Player from the search result.
7. Click on Install and enjoy VLC Media Player for iPhone