Apple is all set to release iPhone & iPod Touch Firmware 3.0. OS 3.0 is second major firmware update for iPhone & iPod touch. iPhone 2G, 3G users are allowed to have free upgrade to iPhone firmware 3.0, however iPod touch users need pay $9.95 to upgrade to OS 3.0.
We are sure many users are not happy with this kind of behavior from apple towards iPod Touch Users. Well don’t worry we will tell you how you can update iPod Touch 3.0 for free once apple had release OS 3.0 for iPod Touch.
How to Upgrade/Update iPod Touch 3.0 Firmware For Free
2. Download iPod Touch 2G Firmware 3.0 IPSW iPod2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw
& iPod Touch 1G Firmware 3.0 IPSW iPod1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw
(if above downloaded file is in zip format then change extension from .zip to .ipsw or you can click on save as link and must save it as .ipsw file)
3. Connect your iPod Touch to computer
4. Start iTunes 8.2 & Select iPod Touch from devices list
5. Hold Shift and click Restore.
6. Locate iPod Touch ipsw files downloaded in step 2
7. Do not disconnect till iTunes has completed updating iPod Touch
That’s it, Now enjoy your iPod Touch 3.0 Firmware.