Cydia is most popular installer for jailbroken iPhone & ipod Touch which allows you to add any sources to install any application on your iPhone & iTouch. Cydia has been developed & maintained by Jay “Saurik” Freeman and hosted at apptapp.saurik.com but you can download and install Cydia via many different repositories.
If you have downloaded and installed Cydia via thebiggboss repo on july 18 then you are in the list of those unfortunate users facing repetitive cydia crash on iPhone and iTouch 3.0.
For 10 minutes on July 18th a corrupted packages file was posted and If you loaded Cydia during that 10 minute period, your packages file will be corrupted. This subsequently causes Cydia to crash each time you use it. Here is fix for iPhone & iPod Touch cydia crashing issue.
Fix for Cydia Crashing on iPhone & iPod Touch 3.0
For Windows Users :-
1. Download Clear Cydia List Cache tool (.Net Framework required)
2. Unzip files from above downloaded zip file
3. Run ClearCydiaListCache.exe from above unzipped folder and connect your device
4. Click on button “connect your device and click here” on ClearCydiaListCache.exe
5. Now wait for successful message
For Mac Users :-
1. Connect & ssh to your iPhone and iPod Touch
2. Now go to /private/var/lib/apt/lists
3. Delete all the files in /root/private/var/lib/apt/lists/ except for the partial subfolder.
Do not delete Partial folder