You may sometime need to split PDF files for printing purpose or merge multiple PDF documents to make single PDF files for reading purpose. There can be several other reasons where you may need to Split/Merge PDF documents. We have many tools for Windows platform but Linux users are not lucky.
Today we have got excellent java based utility which helps you in splitting or Merging PDF files for Linux. PDFsam is open source simple tool designed to split and merge pdf files. It’s very simple, stable and completely free. PDFsam should cover most of your needs.
Features of PDFSam
1. Split your pdf documents (into chapters, single pages, etc.).
2. Merge many pdf documents or subsections of them.
3. Extract sections of your document into a single pdf document.
4. Mix alternate pages taken from two pdf documents in straight or reverse order into a single document.
5. Rotate pages of the selected pdf documents.
6. Save and load your environment to automatize your recurrent jobs.
7. Manage pdfsam settings and set an environment to load at start up.
PDFsam – Utility to Merge & Split PDF Files