Using GIFs on Twitter is a fun way to communicate! In fact, Twitter’s internal study shows that Tweets that contain GIFs have 55% more engagement than Tweets without GIFs. Thus, GIFs are a significant way of communication among users on Twitter. So we can surely understand how frustrating it may seem to you when you find the Twitter GIFs are not playing on your Firefox browser.
You are not alone! Actually, many Twitter users who access their handle through the Mozilla Firefox browser have reported the issue on several forums.
Here we have some workarounds that can help you resolve the Twitter GIFs not playing on Firefox error. Check it out below.
Table of Contents
Fix Twitter GIFs Not Playing On Firefox?
There can be multiple reasons why your Firefox browser can’t play the GIFs on Twitter. From a poor internet connection to an outdated version of the browser anything can be behind the error. Try the resolutions one by one and check if it resolves the problem.
Method 1: Perform Internet Power Re-cycle
As we said earlier, a basic internet issue can be the reason why the Twitter GIFs are not playing on your Firefox browser. It can be ISP throttling or blocked sites from the service provider end might be behind this. Power recycling your router will resolve the problem. Follow the steps below to power recycle your router,
- Firstly, disconnect all your devices from your router.
- Now, unplug your router from the power outlet and wait for 3-4 minutes before you reconnect.
- Also, disconnect the ethernet port from your computer.
- Then, reconnect all the systems back.
- As you turn your router on, ensure that you set your broadband connection as ‘Home Network’.
- Finally, launch Mozilla and try to access Twitter from your favorite browser.
If internet-related issues are behind the GIFs not playing error, then it should have been fixed by now.
However, there can be other reasons too. So, if you still face the problem, try other solutions that we have mentioned here.
Method 2: Clear Firefox Cache
To offer you a much smoother browsing experience, modern-day browsers store many cache and cookies on your PC to store your data. Mozilla Firefox is no exception to that. These files can get corrupted, leading you to face Twitter GIFs not Playing on Firefox error. However, you can always clear the cache on your Firefox browser. Follow the steps mentioned below to get the job done,
- At first, press the Windows key and type Firefox to search for the browser on Windows Start Menu.
- Then, click on the Open button at the right-pane window to open Mozilla Firefox on your PC.
- Next, click on the option context menu at the top right corner of your browser interface.
- Now, click on Settings from the list of options.
- As the Settings window opens, click on Privacy & Security from the left panel.
- Then, scroll down and locate the Cookies and Site Data tab.
- Next, click on the option Clear Data to remove the corrupted cache on your browser.
- Finally, as the warning window pops up select Clear to remove the cache.
Method 3: Restart Firefox in Troubleshooting Mode
Not only the cache but the extensions, themes, and even the custom settings that you use can come into conflict with the GIF file that you are trying to play. Restarting Firefox in Troubleshoot Mode will temporarily disable all these add-on services on your browser. Thus, if any software conflict is there behind the problem, it will fix right away.
Follow the steps below to restart Firefox in Troubleshooting mode,
- Firstly, launch the Firefox browser on your PC.
- Then, click on the Menu button at the top-right corner of the Firefox interface.
- Now, from the list, click on the Help button.
- Click on Troubleshoot Mode from the Firefox Help menu bar.
- As the warning window pops up, click on the Restart button there.
Finally, once the browser restart, try to open Twitter.com and check if the GIFs are playing without any hindrance.
If this does not resolve the Twitter GIFs not playing on Firefox error, check out the rest of the workarounds mentioned below.
Method 4: Update Firefox Manually
An outdated version can be the reason why the Twitter GIFs are not playing through Firefox on your PC. Follow the steps here to update the browser to its latest version manually,
- At first launch Mozilla Firefox on your PC.
- Then, click on the Menu-bar at the top right corner of the browser.
- From the list of options, click on the Help button.
- Then, select the About Firefox tab on the pop-up menu.
- Firefox update installer will automatically look for recent updates for your browser.
- Wait until the process completes and follow the simple on-screen instructions to complete the installation from thereafter.
Still, Twitter GIfs are not playing on Firefox? There can be corruption on the Firefox installation file which can cause all the hindrances you are going through. In that case, a clean install of the browser will resolve the problem.
Method 5: Clean Install Firefox browser
Clean re-installation of the Firefox browser involves three steps, and the first one is the uninstallation of the software. Then, you need to remove the app data from your computer and install the browser again.
Follow the steps below and get the job done efficiently,
- Press the Windows Key and type Control Panel.
- Now, from the search result, open Control Panel on your computer.
- Then, click on the Uninstall a program button under the Programs tab.
- From the list of applications, locate Mozilla Firefox.
- Right-click on Firefox and select Uninstall and wait until the process completes.
Once you are done with the uninstallation, it’s time to remove the app data from your hard drive. Follow the further steps to get things done quickly,
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box on your PC.
- Now, type in the following command in the search box and hit the Enter button.
- Then, open the Mozilla folder from the File Explorer window and right-click on Profiles.
- Now, delete the folder to remove the app data from your computer.
After removing the data successfully, it’s time to install the application back on your PC. Here are the steps you require to get the job done.
- Firstly, open the Mozilla Firefox official website.
- Then, click on the Download link on the website interface.
- Select desired location to start downloading the installer file.
- Finally, run the installer file and follow simple on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Once you follow all the methods mentioned here, you must not face any problem playing the Twitter GIFs on Firefox. Use the comment section below to tell us which solution worked for you as far as resolving the error is concerned. Hope you find the article helpful. For more workarounds on different software issues on your PC, keep following us.