.SIS or .SISX files are Symbian OS Installer Files which lets you to install any application on your symbian OS based mobile phones. Normally any application developed for symbian OS need to signed with SymbianSigned.com but lots of mobile application available on internet are in unsigned form.hence you need to manually sign .sis files.
You may some time need to Unpack SIS file or Edit SIS to see certificates against which it was signed as well as to view the PKG script that describes the on-device installation process. Here is smll application SISContents which allows you to unpack, edit and sign Symbian 9.x SIS packages (Nokia S60 3rd Edition and Sony Ericsson UIQ 3.x platforms are supported).
Features of SISContents 1.0.3 Utility for unpack, edit and sign SIS files
1. Lets you to Read SIS file contents and displays information of SIS packages.
2. Unpack files from SIS packages.
3. Extract embedded components of packages as sis files (including certificates and signatures).
4. View and save installation PKG script.
5. Sign SIS files, packages, show information on certificates (validity period, issuer, subject, etc.), and delete them from package.
6. Edit SIS package: modification of name, vendor, version, type of installation, supported platforms (devices) is available. You can also add, replace and delete files/components containing in a package and change capabilities, UID3, SID of executables (i.e. exe, dll, ldd, etc.).
7. Read the contents and unpack files from N-Gage packages.
8. Extract and edit contents of mif files embedded in sis packages.
Screenshots of SISContents 1.0.3 Tool for unpack, edit and sign SIS files
Download Freeware SISContents 1.0.3 and instantly unpack, edit or sign SIS files.