Now that Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 to Jailbreak iOS 4.1 has been released, iPhone 3GS & iPhone 3G users can proceed with jailbreaking. If you not sure how to do it, then here is complete step by step guide to jailbreak iPhone 3GS 4.1 ios with Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1.
Please note in order to jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3GS New bootrom, it must be jailbroken on iPhone OS 3.1.2 using Pwnagetool or Redsn0w or Blackra1n but not using JailbreakMe or Spirit userland jailbreak. If you meet above criteria then only proceed. We will not be responsible for any damage that may happen to your device.
Since your baseband won’t be updated you can use Ultrasn0w to unlock your iPhone 3GS 4.1 ios.
1. iTunes 10
Please backup your iPhone 3GS with iTunes before proceeding for jailbreak
How to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS 4.1 iOS with Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1
1. Start Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 and click on expert mode.
2. Now browse and select iPhone 3GS iOS 4.1 firmware file.
3. Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 will verify ipws file and present you with warning message, click on “I Understand” and proceed.
4. Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 with present you with set of options like General, Unlocks, Custom boot logos, custom packages & build ipsw.
5. If you want hactivate your iPhone 3GS then you must select “activate the iPhone” & “” from general options, You can add ultrasn0w 1.1-4 from custom packages options if you want to unlock your iPhone 3GS .
6. Now select “Build IPWS” and let sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 to create custom firmware.
7. Once Sn0wbreeze has completed creating ipws, you need to restore this firmware to your iPhone 3GS.
8. To restore custom firmware, connect iPhone 3GS to computer and enter Phone 3GS in recovery mode.
9. Now start iTunes and select iPhone 3GS from iTunes’s sidebar. Now press and hold left “Shift” button on the keyboard and then click on “Restore” (Not “Update” or “Check for Update”) button in the iTunes.
10. Now iTunes will ask for location of firmware file, Select custom iOS 4.1 firmware for iPhone 3GS created with Sn0wbreeze 2.0. Now wait for iTunes to complete restore process. Your iPhone 3GS may reboot several time.
Once iTunes completes restore process iPhone will restart automatically, that’s it. Enjoy your jailbroken iPhone 3GS with iOS 4.1 firmware.
How to Unlock iPhone 3GS 4.1 iOS
1. If you have already added Ultrasn0w 1.1-1 via Sn0wbreez 2.0 custom package options then you will have unlocked iPhone 3GS 4.1.
2. But if you didn’t add Ultrasn0w 1.1-1 then follow this guide to unlock iPhone 3GS 4.1 iOS only if your baseband is one from below list
Now use your iPhone 3GS 4.1 iOS with choice of your carrier.