A guy from the androidfanatic forum hasw created a custom Debian Shell for Android. It’s only a few simple steps, a small firmware flash and voila! You should now be able to run deb files on your rooted G1. Below are the steps and downloads needed to complete this hack.
- You need to download a modded firmware update if you are using G1. Get it here.
- save the update.zip file on the SDcard
- Boot into recovery mode (home+power) then press alt+s to apply changes
- Download the installer for Debian Shell here.
- unzip the file and copy the folder debian to SDcard’s root.
- Go to /sdcard/debian through the terminal
- Type su
- Type chmod 4755 *
- run the installer by typing installer.sh
- Type bootdeb to mount and boot the debian system.