No matter how many advanced contact apps and management tools there are on the iPhone to manage your numbers, emails, and all other contacts, the fact remains the business world still makes use of flimsy, physical business cards that continue to annoy every technology user in sight. However, there are a few solutions to the problem thanks to a few handy iPhone apps that make it truly easy to scan, organize, and access data from business cards right on your iPhone or iPad. Here are a few of the top business card scanner apps, although all of them vary from one another slightly, feature wise.
Business Card Reader ($5)- Import contact information from business cards directly to your iPhone/iPod Touch or BlackBerry contacts! Just take a photo of a business card and a New Contact is added! Download here.
BizSnap (Free)- This app features a less robust feature set in comparison to the offers but the simple fact that its free definitely makes it worth checking out. Watch a free demo here. Download here.
WorldCard Mobile- ($5)-
- A bizcard recognition solution right on your iPhone.
- Use built-in camera in smartphone to capture bizcard images anytime
- Powerful recognition function to turn bizcard into contacts right away
ABBYY Business Card Reader ($2)-
- Fast and easy way to add new contacts. All contact information from a business card can be captured in three simple steps.
- High quality data capture and processing. The application uses ABBYY’s award-winning Mobile OCR technology, which quickly and accurately “reads” printed text on images captured with a mobile camera.