Finally iPhone Dev Team has released PwnageTool 3.0 for Mac and will be holding back Quickpwn for Windows due to some unknown bugs. Mac Users can proceed for jailbreaking & unlocking iPhone 2G 3.0.
iPhone 2G owners are most lucky among iPhone & iPod Touch users as iPhone 2G 3.0 can be jailbroken and unlocked with PwnageTool 3.0. Most interesting part of iPhone 2G is what ever you do, upgrade or restore to OS 3.0 it’s baseband stays the same and can be jailbreaked any time. here is guide for jailbreaking iPhone 3G 3.0 with Quickpwn.
Here is simple step by step guide for jailbreaking & unlocking iPhone 2G 3.0 on Mac using PwnageTool 3.0. You must have install iTunes 8.2 before proceeding for jailbreak & Unlock.
How to Jailbreak & Unlock iPhone 2G 3.0 with PwnageTool 3.0 on Mac OS X
1. Download iPhone 2G 3.0 Firmware 3.0 (iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw)
3. Save above downloaded files in one folder (name it as pwnagetool) on your Dekstop
4. Now mount pwnagetool 3.0 and Drag pwngaetool icon to pwnagetool folder to launch
5. Click Ok on Warning Screen
6. Select Expert Mode & Select iPhone on Device selection screen
7. Click Browse For IPWS if doesn’t automatically detects iPhone 2G 3.0 Firmware downloaded in step 1 & Click Blue Arrow button to continue
8. A Screen with 7 Choices will be presented. Click to select General then click the blue arrow button.
9. A screen with three options will be displayed
- Check Activate
- Set partition size reasonably high 695 MB seems to work good
- Check Disable partition Wip-out
10. In the Bootneuter settings, click Neuter bootloader, Unlock baseband, and Auto-Delete BootNeuter.app. It is not necessary to upgrade the bootloader unless you are really feeling the need to be on 4.6. Click the blue arrow button to continue.
11. The “Cydia settings” allows you to choose packages to download now so you don’t have to download them from Cydia later. Choose any of the packages you want and Click the blue arrow button.
12. You can add your own Boot Logo & and Recovery logo under Custom Logo Settings
13. Now You are now ready to build your custom iPhone 2G 3.0 firmware. Click the build button to select it, then click the blue arrow button.
14. If you are jailbreaking your iPhone 2G for first time, you will be asked to upload the 3.9 and 4.6 BL files. When prompted to search the web, click no.
15. When prompted to search the web for boot loader files, click no and browse for the 3.9BL file. Click Yes then select the file(BL-39.bin) from the Pwnage folder you created on your desktop and click the Open button. Do the same for Do the same for Boot Loader 4.6.
16. Save your custom .ipsw file in pwnage folder
17. It may take upto 10 mins to build Custom ipsw firmware file
18. Now Follow screen instructions accurately to enter your iPhone 2 into DFU mode
19. A message will be displayed on successfully entering into DFU Mode
20. Open iTunes 8.1 which will detect your iPhone into DFU mode
21. In iTunes, 8.2 hold the Alt/Option key and click “restore” at the same time. It will open a window where you will have to select the custom firmware that you built in step 16.
22. Now iTunes will start restoring your iPhone 2G 3.0 it may take some time so have a patience
23. Once the restore has completed, it will restart your iPhone. The phone will then launch BootNeuter.app to unlock your device
24. It may take 5 min to complete unlocking, once completed restart your iPhine 2G
Congrats you have successfully Jailbreaked & Unlocked your iPhone 2G 3.0