If you have installed Windows 7 then you might know how much different it is from vista even though windows 7 is based on Vista kernel and many features are inherited from vista to windows 7 but with different style and look, like Windows 7 taskbar thumbnail preview, Aero glass effect, Window Color and Appearance etc.
Window Color & Appearance is much better in windows 7 as compared to Vista, you have got many new cool Window colors along with aero effect. Vishal Gupta from askvg has got the way to get Windows 7 like Window Color & Appearance in windows vista.
Get Windows 7 Colors and Appearance in Windows Vista
1. Download this Zip file which contains windows 7 “themecpl.dll” & “themecpl.dll.mui”
2. Go to your “%systemroot%/System32” folder and locate themecpl.dll
4. Now rename themecpl.mui to themecpl_old.mui
5. Extract and copy themecpl.dll form downloaded zip file and past to system32 folder.
6. Now go to “%systemroot%/system32/en-US” and locate themecpl.dll.mui
7. Take ownership of that file and rename to themecpl_old.dll.mui
8. Now Copy themecpl.dll.mui from downloaded zip file and past to “%systemroot%/system32/en-US” folder
9. At last run install.reg file present in download zip file.
10. Reboot for changes to take effect.