Windows 7 has much better aero transparency glass effect along with taskbar thumbnail preview. Taskbar Thumbnail Preview displays small thumbnail preview of opened window on your taskbar when you hover your mouse on taskbar icons. Many users have started loving taskbar thumbnail preview of windows 7.
But one issue with thumbnail preview is it takes some time to display thumbnail once you hover your mouse on taskbar icon by that time you can open actually window. Don’t you think if we can speedup windows 7 Thumbnail preview will make this feature more productive? If answer is yes then here is small guide on how to speed up taskbar thumbnail preview.
How to Speed up Taskbar Thumbnail Preview
1. Click on start and type regedit at search bar
2. Navigate to following key in left pan of registry editor
3. Now locate MouseHoverTime key in right pan of registry editor
4. Doublick on MouseHoverTime or right click modify and change value from 400 to any value less then 100 (400 is milliseconds) lower the value faster the thumbnail preview.
5. Click ok and close regedit widow.
Now check taskbar thumbnail preview by hovering mouse on taskbar icon and it should open faster.
if you are finding Windows 7 Thumbnail Preview annoying feature can refer how to guide to disable taskbar thumbnail preview.