Motorola Droid 4, successor of Droid 3 and a $200 android phone with dual core 1.2 GHz processor running Android 2.5.3 and supports LTE 4G networks is hard to resist for Sprint and Verizon users. However the locked bootloader policy of Motorola may repeal those geeks who want to root their Android phones.
If you are planning to buy Droid 4 but waiting for root to be achieved on Droid 4 then your wait is over. Few days back Dan Rosenberg, a security research had found a root exploit on Droid 4 but wanted to get bounty of $500 before releasing exploit for public. Though his experiment failed to get him bounty instead he faced strong opposition from Android users.
Keeping negative feedback aside Dan Rosenberg decided to release Droid 4 root exploit for public and here we have a successful Droid 4 Root. If you are Motorola Droid 4 owner and wondering how you can root it, then simply follow below step by step instructions and root it today.
How to Root Motorola Droid 4
1. Go to Settings -> Applications -> Development and enable USB Debugging mode on your Droid 4
2. Now connect your Motorola Droid 4 to PC via USB
3. Download Dan Rosenberg’s Droid 4 Exploit for Windows, motorfail_windows.zip
4. Extract content of above downloaded zip file
5. Now Execute run.bat file and wait for it to complete the rest of the process.
That’s it, now enjoy your rooted Motorola Droid 4.