Every small or large company has their own IT infrastructure and having easy to use and non-complicated email clients such as Microsoft Outlook is one part of it. The issues arises when you have Gmail account, which you access at home or non-work places and your contacts are in your Outlook accounts. That’s when you need a tool which can synchronize outlook contact with Gmail and vice versa.
In past we have covered Go Contact Sync, OutSync & GContactSync, most of the these tools were compatible with Outlook 2007 and was released way before Outlook 2010 was released. So chances are high that none of them might be working for Outlook 2010. If that’s the case for you then here yet another Outlook to Gmail contact synchronization addin, Outlook4Gmail.
Outlook4Gmail is free and useful Outlook add-in which provides an easy way of contacts synchronization between Outlook and Gmail accounts and address books. Users have ability to set the type of contact synchronization they need such as, you can sync or update either the Outlook or the Gmail address book (one-way synchronization) or choose to update both accounts simultaneously (two-way synchronization).
Outlook4Gmail also offers real time item update, which will update Outlook or Gmail contacts as soon as you modify, update or delete contact from either one of these address book. You also have an option to set automatic check-ups for updates when Outlook is launched. Outlook4Gmail users safe and secure medium for synching contacts as Gmail only usages HTTPS for connections.
1. Two-way synchronization of contacts that makes all address books identical after the sync process is over;
2. Real-time synchronization/update when Outlook address book is being changed;
3. Possibility to set the Gmail account list used for synchronization based on ‘one-to-many’, ‘many-to-one’ and ‘many-to-many’ schemes;
4. One-way synchronization of contacts when the target address book may be either in Outlook or Gmail, while the source one is declared as read-only;
5. Synchronization of both main and additional properties of a contact (Name, Company, Phones, Emails, Addresses, Dates, Persons, Notes, etc.);
6. Tracking and viewing events logs of the synchronization/update process;
Once you downloaded and installed Outlook4Gmail add-in you have to setup the initial configures, like gmail account details. In order to do that, go to outlook options -> select add-in options in left navigation tab and under add-in lists select Outlook4Gmail.
Now click on add-in options, select add new and enter you Gmail account details.
Under Synchronization tab you can set the type & rules of contact synchronization.
Once you followed above steps you are good to go. Now restart Outlook 2010 and start synchronizing your contacts by moving to the Outlook ribbon and clicking “Update contacts” in the Outlook4Gmail tab.
You May Like to Check Out :
Download Outlook4Gmail Addin