Now that Sn0wbreeze 2.8b1 is out users can jailbreak iOS 5 Beta 1 on Windows by creating custom firmware for iOS 5 Beta and restoring iOS device to this custom firmware. On side note iOS 5 beta is only available to developers registered for Apple iOS Dev program and it needs UUID to be registered in order to activate iOS 5.
If you are thinking by jailbreak iOS 5 Beta with Sn0wbreeze you can bypass activation then please keep in mind that Sn0wbreeze 2.8b1 doesn’t add afc2 or hacktivate. This release is only for developers of jailbreak app. Now here is complete step by step guide on how to jailbreak iOS 5 beta on Windows with sn0wbreeze 2.8b1.
How to Jailbreak iOS 5 on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch & iPad with Sn0wbreeze 2.8b1
1. Start Sn0wbreeze 2.8b1 jailbreak tool, close credits dialogue box
2. Click on Browse button to select iOS 5 Beta IPSW
3. Let Sn0wbreeze 2.8b1 complete IPSW verification process. Once verified click on Blue arrow icon
4. At the stage Sn0wbreeze will present you various mode, by selecting preserve baseband mode you can preserve your existing baseband for those who want to unlock their iPhone 4 & iPhone 3GS (No new unlock, only Ultrasn0w supported baseband can be unlocked).
On Expert made you can enable batter percentage and add custom packages.
5. Click blue arrow icon and start custom iOS 5 ISPW building process.
6. Once Sn0wbreeze 2.8b1 completes firmware building process, connect your iOS device to PC and turn off.
7. Now click on Start button and follow on screen instructions to put your iDevice in DFU Mode.
After Sn0wbreeze 2.8b1 identifies iOS device in DDU mode it will inject Limera1n exploit and will flash message to restore ISPW using iTunes.
8. Once your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad is in DFU mode, Start iTunes.
9. Now press Shift+ click on restore button and select custom iOS 5 firmware created by sn0wbreeze 2.8b1
10. Now sit back & relax till iTunes completes the restore process.
That’s it, you have successfully jailbreaked iOS 5 Beta, in order to tethered boot use iBooty added to your desktop.
Start iBooty utility and select device from the list. Now follow onscreen instructions to put in DFU mode. Once in DFU mode iBooty will complete the rest of the process and your iDevice will boot into tethered boot mode.
Here is guide on how to use iBooty to tethered boot after iOS 5 tethered jailbreak using Sn0wbreeze 2.8b1.