The location tracking bug on iOS 4.3.2 has definitely forced Apple to release and update to fix it as soon as possible to stay out of further consequences and in less than week after accepting iOS tracking bug Apple has released iOS 4.3.3 for iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad.
If you don’t care about iOS 4.3.2 tracking bug then you may stay away from updates. But incase if you have accidentally updated to iOS 4.3.3 and looking for to downgrade back to iOS 4.3.2, iOS 4.3.1 or iOS 4.2.1 or bel;ow then here is step by step guide for you.
Note: The downgrade will only work if you have SHSH blobs saved for older firmware’s. You can see for which firmware SHSH blobs are saved for your iDevice in Cydia. Also once your baseband is updated you won’t be able to downgrade your baseband only firmware can be downgraded.
How to Downgrade iOS 4.3.3 to 4.3.2, 4.3.1, 4.3, 4.2.1, 4.1 on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch & iPad
2. Now connect iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 3G, 4G & iPad to PC/Mac
3. Turn Off your iDevice and follow below instructions to put your iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad in DFU Mode
1. Press Home and Power Button together for 10 Seconds
2. After that release power button while continue holding home button for another 15 seconds.
Your idevice screen should be in black.
4. iTunes will prompt your device is in recovery mode.
5. Now it’s time to point Apple server IP to Saurik server in hosts files, following below instructions
Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ and locate “hosts” file.
On Max OS X
Go to /etc folder
Now Open hosts file in any text editor and add following line
That’s it, save the hosts file. (on Windows you need administrator privileges to modify and save hosts file)
6. Now Start iTunes and select your iDevice. Now press ALT (On Windows)/ Option (On Mac) key board key and click on “Restore” button.
7. At the stage iTunes will ask for location of firmware file, browse & locate the IPSW file & click on Open button to start restore process.
8. let iTunes complete the restore process, it may take some time. If everything goes without any issue your idevice will reboot with downgraded firmware. Enjoy
In certain cases iTunes may throw error and restore process doesn’t complete or your iPhone gets stuck at recovery mode showing “Connect to iTunes” screen.
download TinyUmbrella or RecBoot and use exit recovery mode option to kick iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad out of recovery mode.