The release of Greenpois0n untethered jailbreak tool for iOS 4.2.1 turned out on right time when Verizon iPhone 4 pre-order & shipping started, added to that Verizon iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.6 is vulnerable to exploit used in Greenpois0n RC5 and Limera1n Bootrom exploit leading to a complete bliss for Verizon iPhone 4 owners.
Verizon iPhone 4 owners no need to wait for jailbreak solution as first working jailbreak tool from Chronic Dev Team, Greenpois0n RC5.4 for Verizon iPhone 4 is already available for download for Mac OS and here we present you complete step by step guide on how to jailbreak Verizon iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2.6 using Greenpois0n RC5.4.
Please keep in mind, Greenpois0n RC5.4 is still in beta mode and may not work as expected, proceed at your own risk.
How to Jailbreak Verizon iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.6 with Greenpois0n RC5.4
2. If your Verizon iPhone 4 comes with iOS 4.2.5 then download iOS 4.2.6 and update iPhone 4 using latest version of iTunes.
3. Now Connect your Verizon iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.6 to Mac
4. Now start Greenpois0n RC5.4 App
5. Follow on screen instructions to put your Verizon iPhone 4 in DFU mode,
Press and hold Sleep Button, Continue holding sleep, press and hold home button for.
Then release Sleep button while continue holding home button.
6. Once your Verizon iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.6 is in DFU mode, click on “Jailbreak” button on Greenpois0n to start the jailbreak process.
7. Once Greenpois0n finishes jailbreak process you will notice a new icon “Loader” on your springboard, click on Loader to install Cydia and reboot your Verizon iPhone 4 if Cydia doesn’t show up.
That’s it, you have successfully jailbreaked Verizon iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2.6. Enjoy.