Now that Redsn0w 0.9.6B4 to jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 for iPhone 3G & iPod Touch 2G non-mc model is released, you can go ahead and get your iPhone & iPod Touch jailbreaked if you don’t rely on carrier unlock.
iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak using Redsn0w 0.9.6B4 on iPhone 3G & iPod Touch 2G (non-MC model) is untethered hence you don’t need to worry about unexpected iPhone reboot and losing jailbreak. In order to help you with iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak we are here with step by step guide with download links to required tools.
Note: Please stay away from this guide if you are planning to unlock your iPhone 3G 4.2.1 iOS
2. iOS 4.2.1
3. iTunes 10
How to Jailbreak iPhone 3G & iPod Touch 2G iOS 4.2.1
1. Update iPhone 3G/iPod Touch 2G to iOS 4.2.1
2. Now start Redsn0w 0.9.6B4 and click on browse and select firmware iOS 4.2.1 ipsw for iPhone 3G/iPod Touch 2G.
3. Click on Next and Redsn0w 0.9.6 B2 will prepare data for jailbreak.
4. Now select “Install Cydia” and click Next. (If you want to disable multitasking & wallpaper then simple uncheck “Enable multitasking and wallpaper” option).
5. You need to power off your iPhone 3G/iPod Touch 2G and connect to computer and click on next button.
6. At this stage you will need to put your iPhone in DFU mode, just follow the instructions displayed on Redsn0w 0.9.6B2 to set your iPhone in DFU mode.
7. Now just wait until redsn0w completes the rest of the process. Once done, your iPhone 3G will restart automatically. Now enjoy your jailbroken iPhone with iOS 4.2.1 Build.
That’s it, Now enjoy your jailbroken iPhone 3G/iPod Touch 2G with 4.2.1 iOS.