Larry Page, co-founder of Google, has been quoted as saying “”if you are not getting a day [of Android battery] there is something wrong.” However, its not all that surprising that many Android users have been experiencing less than impressive battery life depending on how they use their device.
Thankfully, How-to Geek has put together a comprehensive step-by-step guide that will allow you to preserve and extend your battery life by optimizing configuration options and taking advantage of a few apps.
Before checking out the guide and implementing the suggestions below, you should check what exactly is eating your battery life on the battery usage screen (image above). You can do this by navigating to Settings –> About Phone –> Battery.
Some of the steps shown in the guide include:
- Adjusting backlight
- Disabling Wi-Fi when you’re not using it
- Disabling Bluetooth
- Toggle GPS, Wireless, Screen Brightness, and Bluetooth with Power Widget
- Disable consistently updating/syncing apps
- Disabling GPS location features
- View running apps and processes with Task Manager
- Removing and disabling applications
- Disabling home screen widgets and animated wallpaper
- Kill your data connection with APNDroid
To check out the full step-by-step guide, you can swing by How-to Geek for full instructions for each battery saving suggestion.