iPod Touch 3G & iPod Touch 2G MC Model users are quite unfortunate in jailbreak scenario as iPhone dev team’s Redsn0w & Pwnagetool doesn’t support iPod Touch 3G/2G MC Model jailbreaking. The only tool which lets you to jailbreak iPod Touch 3G is Sn0wbreeze 1.7.
However Sn0wbreeze 1.7 is Windows based tool and can only jailbreak iPod Touch 3G you have SHSH blobs saved for iPod Touch 3G 3.1.2, which many users don’t have. Well now here is your golden chance, JailbreakMe userland jailbreak is capable of jailbreaking iPod Touch 2G & iPod Touch 3G from iPhone OS 3.1.2 to iOS 4.0.1.
Don’t miss this chance and get your iPod Touch jailbroken now as Apple will block this jailbreak with new update any time soon. Below is step by step guide to jailbreak iPod Touch 3G 4.0.1 iOS & 4.0 iOS. You can also follow this guide to jailbreak iPod Touch 2G MC model.
How to Jailbreak iPod Touch 3G 4.0.1 & 4.0 iOS with JailbreakMe
1. Update your iPod Touch 3Gto iOS 4.0.1 (iPod Touch 4.0 iOS will also work)
2. Connect your iPod Touch to Wifi network
3. Open safari from springboard and browse following website.
4. You will be presented with following screen
5. Click on “Slide to jailbreak” and let the jailbreakme complete the rest of jailbreak process.
6. Upon completion you will be presented with message “Cydia has been added to the home screen”
7. That’s it you have successfully jailbreaked your iPod Touch 3G 4.0 iOS. Enjoy.
Please note: Proceed at your own risk; we will not be responsible if you brick your iPod Touch by following above guide.
You May Like to Check Out: