We are sure many iPhone users under impression of iOS 4.1 will fix attena issue on iPhone will end up updating to iOS 4.1 neglecting iPhone dev team’s warning, since iOS 4.1 is not public yet the affected users are mostly developers. If you are not bothered about unlock then you can jailbreak iPhone 3G 4.1 iOS with redsn0w 0.9.5. We are here with complete step by step guide to jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3G Redsn0w 0.9.5 Beta 5 on Windows & Mac OS X.
Note: This release WILL NOT help you to hacktivate or unlock your phone. You need to register iPhone UDID with Apple to get past the activation process. Therefore, DO NOT update to iPhone OS 4.1 Beta if you rely on an unlock, as upgrading will upgrade your baseband which will leave you locked.
Update (22 September, 2010): iPhone Dev team has released Redsn0w 0.9.6 Beta 1 to Jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3G & iPod Touch 2G.
WARNING: Do not try this method to update final iOS 4.1 released on September 8th (check above update to jailbreak ios 4.1 final release). We will not be responsible for issues you may face by following below method, proceed at your own risk.
The guide was published for jailbreaking iOS 4.1 Beta 1 developer version on iPhone 3G.
Download iTunes 9.2 (required to activate iPhone 3G)
Download iOS 4.0 for iPhone 3G
Download iOS 4.1 for iPhone 3G (Apple iPhone Developer account needed)
Download Redsn0w 0.9.5 Beta 5 (It seems many of you doesn’t want to read entire article specially the warning part, hence we have removed the link to prevent others getting confused).
If you want to jailbreak iPhone 3G 4.1 iOS the n please follow the update part at the end of this article.
How to Jailbreak iPhone 3G 4.1 iOS with Redsn0w 0.9.5 Beta 5
1. Update iPhone 3G to iOS 4.1.
2. Now start Redsn0w 0.9.5 Beta 5 and click on browse and select firmware iOS 4.0 ipsw (note its not 4.1 but 4.0 firmware file) for iPhone 3G.
3. Click on Next and Redsn0w 0.9.5 Beta 5 will prepare data for jailbreak.
4. Now select “Install Cydia” and click Next. (If you want to disable multitasking & wallpaper then simple uncheck “Enable multitasking and wallpaper” option)
5. You need to power of your iPhone 3G and connected to computer and click on next button
6. At this stage you will need to put your iPhone in DFU mode, to do this hold “Power” button and then hold “Home” button for about 10 seconds. Now after few seconds release “Power” button but keep holding “Home” button until installation begins(about 30 seconds).
7. Now just wait until redsn0w completes the rest of the process. Once done, your iPhone 3G will restart automatically. Now enjoy your jailbroken iPhone 3G with 4.1 iOS beta.
Please Note: There is no unlock tool available which can unlock iOS 4.1, you must wait for official announcement from iPhone Dev team if you are planning to unlock.
iOS 4.1 final has been released & iPhone dev team has also updated redsn0w to support ioS 4.1 on iPhone 3G & iPod Touch 2G non-mc as well as mc model (tethered jailbreak).
iOS 4.2 Beta is released to developers